Monday, December 16, 2013

Minimalist traveling









I am so excited for a trip planned with my husband and his family to San Antonio, Texas.  Since I'll only be there four days, I've given myself a goal of only using a carry-on for the trip.

With a little research online and a little ingenuity in my sewing room, I've come up with 9 different outfits using only 8 pieces of clothing.  And 3 of those pieces I'll be wearing the day we leave, so they won't be packed in my small bag. 


 I love to shop for clothes for myself, but I love to make clothes for myself even more.  And this came in very handy for this trip.  The wide leg pants shown in the pictures is from a Japanese sewing "Simple Modern Sewing".  It took a little studying to figure out the pattern pieces, but once I figured that out, the pieces come together quickly.  I made them out of a cotton/spandex blend,so they are comfortable and they fit perfectly.  That is why I make my own clothes.......so that they actually stay up when I bend over and the hem actually falls to my heel not to my ankle.

The dress in the pictures is from that same sewing book.  I made this almost 2 years ago already, and I have gotten my money's worth.  I wear this dress year-round.......in the summer, as is, and in the winter with a sweater and skinny jeans.  And I haven't exhausted all of the different combinations of these pieces.  So with a couple different pairs of shoes and a red scarf as an accessory, I should be set for a        few days of  relaxing and sight-seeing.







1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you were able to come up with something! Now that is my goal for our trip to Dallas in Feb. The only problem is I have to wear something very nice for our big night out. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete